- Why do we use cookie tracking technologies at Canopy Buddy?
- We use tracking technologies, because it helps us to better understand and offer a personalize user experience to you and our other users who are visiting our webmaster.
- The tracking technologies that we use allow us to recognize you and offer better services to you every time you visit us. For instance, a tracking service can assist us to collect the following information:
- We need your verification information when providing the services to you.
- Our map and location-based services may need information on your current location.
- Our translation services may need information on your language preference.
- We need other related information so that we can provide services and develop new functions.
- What is Tracking Technologies?
- Tracking technologies used in the Canopy Buddy include:
- A cookie is a small file containing a series of words and will be stored in your computer, mobile phone, or other devices when you log in to the website or other web content.
- Web beacons are electronic image files or other technologies installed on a website, or E-mail, which can be used to count the computer visitors’ amount, record whether and when have you looked through E-mail or website or use some cookies.
- Log files store several pieces of information that are automatically collected. Such information includes IP address, browser type, ISP, reference/exit page, operation system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
- ET Tag is a header of HTTP protocol transferred between the Internet browser and the Internet server at the back. It can substitute cookies to track the individual users and allow us to understand and improve Canopy Buddy services.
- Cookies used on our website are grouped into the following categories:
- Essential – These are cookies that are required for the regular operation of our websites. For example, some cookies allow you to log in to your account and add products to your basket and checkout securely, or carry out fraud detection and security checks (along with other similar things). These are essential for the website to work properly.
- Functional-These cookies will enable you to move around the site and use its features such as accessing secure areas (e.g. content for registered users). These cookies also allow us to remember your user preferences, helping you to customize your experience on our site. The information gained through the use of functional cookies is anonymous and is not used for any other purpose.
- Performance Improvers– These cookies will help us understand how effective our content is, what interests our customers and to improve how our website works. This information is used for statistical purposes only and is not used to personally identify any user.
- Advertising-These cookies enable us and our advertising partners to serve ads and manage our online advertising when you visit our site and sites upon which we advertise. These cookies record your visit to our website and the content you interact with, and may also be used to manage the number of times that you see an advertisement.
Who sets cookies?
How can you control tracking technologies?